Frequently Asked Questions


Q: How can I get a copy of my last statement?
A: Please contact the pension administrator by emailing or by phone at 204-988-1582 or (888) 529-6510.

Q: When will my statement be ready and how will I get it?
A: Annual statements are typically ready between mid-March and mid-April. Statements will be distributed to active members through their division payroll office. Deferred members will have their statements mailed.

Q: I need to update my mailing address. How do I do that?
A: You can get copies of the form from your payroll department at your school division office, or by emailing

Q: I would like to speak to someone at Eckler with respect to my pension as I'm thinking of retiring.
A: James Ralko can answer any questions you may have. He can be reached at 204-988-1581 (toll free 1-877-988-1581) or via email at

Q: I have recently separated from my spouse. How do I update my beneficiary?
A: You can contact your division office for a Change in Declaration of Spouse and Change of Beneficiary form, which will be forwarded to Eckler.

Q: I have recently separated from my spouse. I need to find out the balance in my pension account.
A: If you are part of a marriage and /or common-law break-up please contact the Eckler Ltd office directly at 204-988-1582. Once you do this, you and your former spouse/common-law partner will be advised, in writing, of the pension credits subject to sharing.

Q: I would like to change my beneficiary, how can I go about doing that?
A: You can contact your division office for a Change in Beneficiary form which will be forwarded to Eckler.

Q: Can I withdraw/transfer my account prior to terminating?
A: If you are under 65, then you are not allowed to withdraw your account prior to terminating. If you are over 65, you may elect to cease being a member of the Plan and start retirement income. Please seek retirement advice before pursuing this option.

Q: Can I unlock my account balance?
A: Your pension account is locked-in unless, at termination, your total account balance is less than 20% of the Year's Maximum Pensionable Earnings (YMPE) in the year of termination. Account balances can also be unlocked for Non-residents of Canada or in cases of shortened life expectancy. Please contact the pension administrator at Eckler ( or by phone at 204-988-1582) for more information.

Q: What is the interest rate?
A: Refer to interest rate information under the Rates tab on this website.